Accountable governance of public resources means less audit queries that are not resolved. Many local government administrations in Tanzania fail in this area. The 2009/10 report of the Controller and Auditor General shows that money implied in audit questions that are not addressed in LGAs has hit 122 billion shillings, the highest in five years. Only five Councils did well during the last year by addressing all audit questions from previous years in 2009/10. These are not shown here. Check out which councils ignored audit questions in 2009/10.
Click here to go to an interactive site with visualizations of outstanding audit queries by district.
You might also like...
- Audit queries on spending not addressed by Central Government (1 Jan 2011)
- SIM Cards: A taxing issue (14 Sep 2013)
- Fair Play - Inequality Across Kenya’s Counties and What it Means for Revenue Sharing. (30 Aug 2013)
- What is Fair? Sharing Resources in Kenya. (29 Aug 2013)
- Open Budget Survey 2012 (24 Jan 2013)
- Data Visualisation Uganda Budget | Request for Proposals (13 Dec 2012)
- Opening up government spending (19 Oct 2012)