According to the Open Budget Survey 2010 report, Tanzania produced five (5) and released only three (3) out of the eight key documents to the public during the 2009-10 budget cycle. In 2011 Uwazi is tracking how many of the 8 key budget documents Tanzania will release to the public and the point in the budget cycle when they are released. Tanzania's budget year starts in July and ends in June of the following year. This table shows the timing of release of the key documents as suggested in best practice for budget transparency. Every time the a key budget report is released, Uwazi will report the date of publication and the relevant internet link to the report.
Transparency in Key Budget reports in Tanzania
8th June 2011: The Minister for finance has tabled the Budget Speech for financial year 2011-12 to the parliament and published on the Ministry of Finance website the Budget Speech in English and Swahili together with a Summary of the Economic Survey (2010) and development Plan for 2011/12-2015/16.
Read the Budget Speech in English here
Read the Budget Speech in Swahili here
Read Economic Survey and five year development plan speech here
12th April 2011: National Audit Office released the Audit Reports on Government operations for financial year 2009/10. Read the reports here
28th March 2011: Ministry of Finance released Budget Guidelines for 2011/12. Read the publication here
- Report availability time line | 315.03 KB
You might also like...
- Open Budget Survey 2012 (24 Jan 2013)
- Data Visualisation Uganda Budget | Request for Proposals (13 Dec 2012)
- Budget data (2 Jun 2010)
- No budget transparency in East Africa (1 Nov 2010)
- Tanzania's second Open Government Partnership (OGP) Action Plan published (31 Jul 2014)
- SIM Cards: A taxing issue (14 Sep 2013)
- Fair Play - Inequality Across Kenya’s Counties and What it Means for Revenue Sharing. (30 Aug 2013)