Emily Wither writes on CNN International website that young Kenyans have found heroes in characters portrayed by ShujaazFM. The Kenyan based communication initiative is popular among young Kenyans who listen to its radio shows broadcast on 22 FM radio stations, engage with characters and fellow audience members on the internet and read a monthly comic book. The youthful approach used by ShujaazFM engage young people than any government or NGO efforts to engage them. ShujaazFM exposes Kenyan youth to solutions on how to generate income, how to know their rights and how to stay out of trouble. It provides inspiration and ingredients that previously lacked in Kenya’s popular culture.
You might also like...
- ShujaazFM the largest print magazine in Kenya (18 Apr 2011)
- ShujaazFM on YouTube (15 Nov 2011)
- UK minister endorses ShujaazFM (27 May 2011)
- Shujaaz creator participates in TED Talent Search (7 Jul 2012)
- Makutano Junction gets nod in New York Times (16 Feb 2012)
- Pressure to double capitation grant in Kenya mounts (15 Nov 2011)
- ShujaazFM wins One World Media Award (20 May 2011)