Kenyans will soon be able to track how their government spends their money on Twaweza’s Kenya Budget Dashboard. Development of the Kenyan portal started in December 2011 after successful work on Tanzania’s, which can be viewed here. On the Kenya Dashboard, citizens can view the percentage of the national budget that went to the various ministries from 2002 to 2011, as well as compare resources distributed to each of the country’s counties. For a first look at the Kenya Budget Dashboard, click here.
Uwazi aims to launch the completed site in May or June. By the end of 2012 Uwazi plans to have a functional spending visualisation portal for Uganda, thus having dashboards for each of the countries in East Africa that we work in.
You might also like...
- Kenya Budget Dashboard Launched (25 Jun 2012)
- Follow Your Money: Kenya Budget Visualisation Dashboard (31 May 2012)
- Shujaaz.FM nominated for Emmy Award (21 Feb 2012)
- ShujaazFM on YouTube (15 Nov 2011)
- Open Government Partnership takes off in East Africa (25 Oct 2011)
- Insights on public agency in education (27 Mar 2017)
- Half empty or half full? Water, sanitation and hygiene in Kenya (21 Mar 2017)