Envaya is a new, ultra-light web platform, which enables people who live hundreds of miles from a cable, a phone line or a paved road, and who subsist on a few dollars a week, to establish websites.
Twaweza is supporting Envaya’s objective to research, develop, and deploy software that empowers and connects grassroots civil society organizations in Africa. With the extra funding from Twaweza, Envaya will magnify its reach in Tanzania and improve its technology further to amplify CSOs ability to meaningfully engage with one another, their communities and the larger on-line world.
By October, 2011 Envaya will be ready to report on these objectives. Already now, the Forbes Magazine identifies Envaya as what the internet needs to go truly global.
- Envaya Monitoring Report 2011 | 343.21 KB
You might also like...
- Shujaaz creator participates in TED Talent Search (7 Jul 2012)
- Shujaaz.FM nominated for Emmy Award (21 Feb 2012)
- Religious organizations: helping citizens ensure ethics and accountability (8 May 2011)
- Forty million notebooks reaching everywhere (8 May 2011)
- D.Light: Solar lamps for students (8 May 2011)
- Special edition of the Shujaaz.fm comic (16 Jul 2010)
- CU@SCHOOL: Tracking School attendance in Uganda (10 Feb 2010)