In the past month Twaweza and our Head Rakesh Rajani have received many requests for explanation regarding the 2012 Form IV results, and the decision of the Tanzania government to revise the results. In part this interest has been prompted by the fact that the Prime Minister had appointed Nd. Rajani to serve on his Commission to probe the reasons for low performance. For the record, Nd. Rajani has discontinued his participation in the Commission after its original six week term. In the interest of transparency, today we are releasing his letter to the Prime Minister regarding the Commission’s preliminary recommendations and government action. We trust that it will contribute to the public debate on improving the quality of education in our country.
You might also like...
- BAE radar “change” website: transparent accountability? (22 Nov 2013)
- RISE Program Associate (24 Jan 2017)
- Uwezo goes to schools (16 Jan 2017)
- JiElimishe | Learning outcomes and nutrition (22 Dec 2016)
- Where the rubber hits the road: Sub-national conversations and views on education. (24 Oct 2016)
- Uwezo Tanzania Annual Learning Assessment Report Launch (19 Aug 2016)
- Twaweza experiments with direct Capitation Grants and teacher Cash on Delivery (18 Jan 2016)