Jointly with Datavision, Uwazi has initiated a weekly mobile phone survey in Dar es Salaam. To make this happen, first a baseline survey was implemented amongst 550 households. Click on questionnaire (PDF) or dataset (STATA) to download the particulars for this survey.
To date almost 20 rounds of the mobile phone survey have been held. Topics covered include
- Price paid for water
- How children sit at school
- Reliability of electricity
- Rain, drainage and flooding
- Mobile phone usage
- Garbage and garbage collection
- Teacher performance
- Public sanitation facilities
- Road safety
- Services at health facilities
- Inflation and price changes
- Constitutional review
- Use of bed nets
- Knowledge about complaint mechanisms
Information from these mobile surveys is captured in another data set, that can be downloaded by clicking here. The baseline data set and the mobile response data set can be combined by merging the two datasets using the household identifier (hhid).
As of July 2011 the mobile phone data gathering will no longer be managed by Uwazi but will be handled by: third party results monitoring. Click here for more information about this initiative.
You might also like...
- Give your views, win a computer (14 Dec 2012)
- Follow Your Money: Kenya Budget Visualisation Dashboard (31 May 2012)
- Follow Your Money: Tanzania Budget Visualisation Dashboard (20 Mar 2012)
- Data visualizations (9 Jun 2010)
- Scanning budget books (1 Mar 2011)
- Indicators (2 Jun 2010)
- Twaweza Brochure (13 Oct 2011)