Not all the time do non-governmental organisations have the right recipe for development. Sometimes they repeat the mistakes governments do, albeit in a different way. Self criticism is therefore important in order for CSOs to stay focused.
This presentation was made at the Africa Canada Forum on Aid Effectiveness in Quebec, Canada in October 2007 by Twaweza Head Rakesh Rajani. In it he speaks of the seven things CSOs do poorly and three things they need to get right.
Authors: Rakesh Rajani
You might also like...
- Getting education right in Tanzania (28 Mar 2012)
- Citizens making stuff happen (29 Mar 2012)
- Development is miserable, but people are making things happen (29 Mar 2012)
- The great degree goose chase... to nowhere (28 Mar 2012)
- From 'things happen to me' to 'I make things happen': Twaweza's approach (29 Mar 2012)
- Are Our Children Learning? Uwezo Tanzania releases its report (21 Sep 2010)
- Twaweza in 2015 | Annual Report (20 Sep 2016)