The Citizen, a Tanzanian daily, writes that Tanzania should learn from the riots in the UK and act to address situations of inequality that may lead to chaos. It quotes Twaweza Head Rakesh Rajani, along with other prominent citizens and politicians, expressing a common point that chaos may erupt anywhere if leaders do not develop and implement policies that improve well-being and the quality of education and basic services, increase opportunities for people to earn income, and reduce the gap between the rich and the poor. Read more.
You might also like...
- ICTs as a key driver for governance in sub-Saharan Africa? (16 Apr 2012)
- Open Government Partnership takes off in East Africa (25 Oct 2011)
- East Africa media writes about Open Government Partnership (13 Oct 2011)
- Mobile Phones Transforming Development in Africa (24 Jun 2011)
- Twaweza's theory of change discussed in international media (14 Apr 2011)
- Rakesh on Cabinet selection: Tanzanians now want results (22 Nov 2010)
- Where the exciting stuff is happening (25 Mar 2010)