Twaweza is recruiting several new staff in January 2017, including positions in Dar es Salaam, Nairobi and Kampala. Details of each post, including a full job description and details of how to apply, are available through the links below. The application deadline is January 15th, 2017.
Regional positions (Dar es Salaam, Nairobi or Kampala):
Program Officer - Data Management
Supporting the management of all the data across Twaweza, including Uwezo and Sauti za Wananchi data. The role includes supporting survey designs data collection, data quality assurance and analysis.
Positions in Dar es Salaam:
Manager, What Works Open Government
Developing and managing Twaweza’s What Works in Open Government (WWOG) work across East Africa, leading a team gathering and generating evidence on making open government effective.
Manager, What Works in Education
Managing the What Works in Education unit at the regional level within Twaweza East Africa, leading the team that generates evidence, ideas, data and stories of effective interventions through reference to global and local experience, experimentation and analysis.
Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer
Overseeing and implementing the monitoring activities as articulated in the Twaweza monitoring plan, documenting lessons learned and communicating those within Twaweza.
Digital Communications Officer
Responsible for the effective management of the Twaweza website for East Africa and of all Twaweza social media channels, including editing and uploading content in English and Swahili and ensuring that it meets Twaweza standards, and is consistent with Twaweza values and vision.
Uwezo Program Officer - Research
Assisting with overall planning and implementation of the annual national learning assessment and related monitoring in Tanzania.
Uwezo Assistant Program Officer - Research
Supporting the planning and conducting of the Uwezo annual learning assessment and related monitoring in Tanzania.
Uwezo Assistant Programme Officer - Communications
Responsible for effective community level communication with partners in Tanzania.
Assistant Operations Manager
Supporting the Operations Manager, including on Human Resources administration, procurement and asset management, and other administrative matters.
Positions in Nairobi:
Uwezo Regional Assistant Program Officer
Supporting the Director to implement the overall plan and budget for the Uwezo Regional Office, including assuring standards related to partnerships, training, and communication, and lead the review of all materials related to these standards.
Handling procurement and asset management, office management and key administrative matters in the Nairobi office.
Responsible for overall financial administration of Twaweza in Kenya in accordance with the legal requirements, highest ethical standards and internationally recognized financial reporting practices (IFRS).
- Program Officer - Data Management | Job Description | 360.09 KB
- Manager, What Works Open Government | Job Description | 370.54 KB
- Manager, What Works in Education | Job Description | 370.88 KB
- Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer | Job Description | 372.32 KB
- Digital Communications Officer | Job Description | 387.34 KB
- Program Officer | Job Description | 372.34 KB
- Assistant Program Officer- Research | Job Description | 374.16 KB
- Assistant Programme Officer-Communications | Job Description | 364.16 KB
- Assistant Operations Manager | Job Description | 374.4 KB
- Assistant Program Officer | Job Description | 370.09 KB
- Administrative Officer | Job Description | 370.1 KB
- Country Accountant | Job Description | 387.15 KB
You might also like...
- Request for Proposals to study the state of debate on Education in Kenya (16 Oct 2015)
- Uwezo goes to schools (16 Jan 2017)
- Uwezo Tanzania Annual Learning Assessment Report Launch (19 Aug 2016)
- Making headlines in 2015 (4 Jul 2016)
- Uwezo data on learning (6 Jun 2016)
- Are our children learning? A review of the Education For All Goals (26 May 2016)
- Tanzania: are our children learning? (29 Jul 2015)