Deadline extended to 29 January.
Twaweza is an ambitious initiative, started in 2009, working on enabling citizens to exercise agency, promoting governments to be more open and responsive, and improving basic learning for children in Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda.
Twaweza is hiring immediately for a Dar es Salaam-based Program Associate on the RISE Tanzania Research Project.
RISE (Research on Improving Systems of Education) is an ambitious multi-country research program that seeks to answer the question, “What works to improve education systems to deliver better learning at scale in developing countries?” RISE aims to broaden the evidence base on education systems, with the ultimate goal of improving learning outcomes. The Programme is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
RISE’s work is Tanzania is led by the Tanzania Country Research Team (CRT), a group of 12 expert researchers from Georgetown University, the University of Dar es Salaam, Twaweza, Amsterdam Institute for International Development, The University of Virginia, and the World Bank.
In Tanzania, the CRT will conduct research to document the process and impact of recent and emerging education reforms.
Interested applicants should send a CV and statement of interest to Shardul Oza and Varja Lipovsek at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org cc. to email@example.com by 29 January 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that the start date for this position is flexible.
- RISE Program Associate | Job Description | 233.36 KB
You might also like...
- Rising to the challenge | New research in education systems (25 Jan 2017)
- Uwezo goes to schools (16 Jan 2017)
- JiElimishe | Learning outcomes and nutrition (22 Dec 2016)
- Where the rubber hits the road: Sub-national conversations and views on education. (24 Oct 2016)
- Uwezo Tanzania Annual Learning Assessment Report Launch (19 Aug 2016)
- Evaluating an exciting new initiative to instigate public agency (17 Jun 2016)
- Twaweza experiments with direct Capitation Grants and teacher Cash on Delivery (18 Jan 2016)