This year, Twaweza in Kenya is piloting a project titled “Husika na elimu” built around the concept of public agency. The pilot will take place in two counties: Baringo and Kilifi. By public agency we mean spaces and processes in which citizens and authorities jointly shape decisions for the future of their communities and countries. For the two counties, the issue of focus in the pilot will be increasing the learning time or contact hours in public primary schools, or even referred to as the quantity of learning. The idea is that teachers, parents, learners and local leaders will work collaboratively to increase the amount of time used for learning in the school. This is in the context of official school teaching time prescribed by the Ministry of education. Refer to the Concept Note (Annex 1) for more details on rationale, and description of activities.
The objective of this consultancy is to propose a mixed-method (qualitative and quantitative) research and learning design that will allow Twaweza to understand the implementation of the pilot, as well as to learn important insights into whether the pilot is yielding initial results at the community level. The focus of this research is not on monitoring/tracking of activities, but on generating insight from key stakeholders and audiences on engagement with the initiative, and the short-term effects of the initiative. The research is to be focused on the community-level within the selected districts.
Interested parties please see the full Terms of Reference attached. Please respond to addresses noted within the TOR, and by Wednesday 13 July.
- Terms of Reference | 602.15 KB
You might also like...
- Evaluating an exciting new initiative to instigate public agency (17 Jun 2016)
- Positive deviance consultancy for Twaweza Uganda (22 Sep 2016)
- Can you help us assess whether what we do works? (24 Aug 2016)
- Mixed-method research consultancy for Twaweza Uganda (24 Aug 2016)
- Request for Proposals: Sauti za Wananchi baseline/formative study in Kenya (12 Oct 2015)
- Does information lead to citizen action? (19 Aug 2013)
- Does information lead to citizen action in education? (15 Feb 2013)