Twaweza partner and well known Kenyan TV soap opera Makutano Junction was recognized in the New York Times ‘Opinionator’ section in late January for its focus on social issues. Author Sarika Bansal speaks of the challenge facing ‘socially conscious soap operas’ of drawing viewers into the story while also tackling serious issues tied up in health, relationships, education and access to services. Read more.
You might also like...
- Pressure to double capitation grant in Kenya mounts (15 Nov 2011)
- UK minister endorses ShujaazFM (27 May 2011)
- UK Guardian recognizes Twaweza partner Huduma in Kenya (20 May 2011)
- CNN International writes about Kenya's ShujaazFM (25 Apr 2011)
- ShujaazFM the largest print magazine in Kenya (18 Apr 2011)
- Seeking imaginative, inspired and motivated colleagues in Nairobi (5 Apr 2013)
- Buni Media shows us some African Magic (14 Mar 2013)