Quoting Twaweza Head Rakesh Rajani, the UK Guardian’s Madeleine Bunting writes, “the mobile phone will have a dramatic impact on development in Africa over the next five years,” in the Guardian's Poverty Matters blog. She reports that since mobile phones are likely to remain the only source of internet connection for the majority of Africans, many organizations, including Twaweza, are now testing the power of mobiles phones to improve governance, health and education.
You might also like...
- UK minister endorses ShujaazFM (27 May 2011)
- Twaweza's work empowers people (27 May 2011)
- UK Guardian recognizes Twaweza partner Huduma in Kenya (20 May 2011)
- Twaweza Head on CNN African Voices (7 May 2014)
- The 6 billion shilling shame (15 Feb 2012)
- Pressure to double capitation grant in Kenya mounts (15 Nov 2011)
- Whose business is development? Experts in open society (3 Nov 2011)