Tanzania is one of 63 countries that are part of the Open Government Partnership (OGP). The Government of Tanzania is seeking feedback on the third National Action Plan.
One of the criteria and requirements for the OGP is for member countries to prepare a national action plan in collaboration with various stakeholders, including civil society, private sector and citizens. This is an opportunity for all citizens to let government know what matters to them and to align government commitments to citizen priorities.
The OGP National Action Plan for the year 2016/17 - 2017/18 is already compiled. This action plan will prioritize seven areas which are; Access to information, Open data, Open budget, Land transparency, Extractive Industries Transparency, Medical and Health Service Systems Transparency and Performance Management.
Thus, the government invites citizens and stakeholders to provide feedback and advice to improve the National Action Plan, particularly aiming at improving the areas of weakness. They can use the following ways to submit their views; the official website of the country (www.wananchi.go.tz), the OGP website (www.opengov.go.tz), Government Open Data Portal (www.opendata.go.tz), through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Secretary-General, The President's office, Public Service Management and by mail through P O Box 2483, Dar-Es-Salaam.
The draft of this plan is available on the citizens’ website (www.wananchi.go.tz), the OGP website (www.opengov.go.tz), Government Open Data Portal (www.opendata.go.tz), the presidential office official website, public service management and governance (www.utumishi.go.tz) and its social media sites like Facebook (utumishiweek) and Blog (http://utumishiweek.blogspot.com)
The government urges stakeholders and citizens to participate fully in expressing their views. The deadline for comments, advice or suggestions from stakeholders and citizens is 16 September.
- OGP Tanzania Third National Action Plan | Draft for Comments | 781.39 KB
- Citizens and stakeholders to comment on the action plan of the national government operations transparent to the third phase in 2016 / 2017-2017 / 2018 (National Open Government Partnership-Action Plan III) | Media Advert | 584.81 KB
You might also like...
- Open Government Partnership takes off in East Africa (25 Oct 2011)
- Insights on public agency in education (27 Mar 2017)
- Making All Voices Count | new call for proposals (3 Mar 2016)
- Request For Proposals: The Si Mimi puppetry show feedback and quality assessment in Uganda (18 Sep 2015)
- In the public eye: Citizens' views on access to information (15 Jun 2015)
- Open Government Partnership Africa (20 May 2015)
- Sauti za Wananchi monthly series| Constitution (31 Mar 2015)