Uwezo is an initiative of Twaweza East Africa operating in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania since 2009. This initiative annually gathers and shares evidence about children’s actual competencies in literacy and numeracy. In Uganda data is collected at enumeration area, school and household level and all children aged 6-16 in each sampled household are assessed to measure their literacy and numeracy competencies. Data collected is generalizable at national and district level. Once all the data is collected, it is processed and an annual learning assessment report is produced. The findings are then communicated widely to citizens, parents, teachers and government to inspire action to improve learning.
In 2015 Uwezo has undertaken a national assessment in 112 districts in Uganda involving 3360 primary schools, approximately 67200 households and over 100,000 children. We now seek a data management firm to specifically undertake the following;
- Screen, recruit, supervise and pay suitably qualified data entry clerks
- Using the availed data entry and reentry software and accompanying manual, ensure data entry and re-entry is conducted as per agreed standards
- Ensure data is backed up on a daily basis
- Post code in the case of qualitative entries
- Manage data entry and reentry
- Provide dummy tables to guide data analysis/tabulation
- Guide on specific variable analysis as may be requested
Twaweza is now accepting brief (not more than 10 pages) technical and financial proposals from interested firms and individual consultants in response to this call. Submissions are strictly through e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com by 4pm on Wednesday 14 October 2015.
For further details read the full request for proposals.
- Request for Proposals | Managing Uwezo Data | 224.01 KB
You might also like...
- Request for Proposals | Comparing independent and Government-held data on education in Uganda (22 Jun 2015)
- RISE Program Associate (17 Jan 2017)
- Positive deviance consultancy for Twaweza Uganda (22 Sep 2016)
- Mixed-method research consultancy for Twaweza Uganda (24 Aug 2016)
- Schools, funds and learning (12 Jul 2016)
- Uwezo data on learning (6 Jun 2016)
- Are our children learning? The status of education in Uganda in 2015 (31 May 2016)