‘We’re trying to change the future with a story,’ Rob Burnet says to kick off his talk. The director of Well Told Stories was invited to participate in the TED Talent Search held in Nairobi in May. Watch Burnet’s talk here, as he tells the Shujaaz story and shares how it has impacted Kenyan youth.
Between May and June this year TED went on the road, visiting 14 cities on six continents, ‘seeking to uncover new talents, voices and ideas the world needs to hear: emerging trailblazers, under-celebrated sages, hidden geniuses,’ according to their website. The public will have the chance to vote on their favourite speakers once the search concludes. Half of the TED 2013 speakers will be chosen through this search, and will participate next February in Long Beach, California.
TED stands for Technology, Environment and Design and the talks focus on the ideas that will shape our future. All talks are posted online here. Read more about the TED Talent Search here. Stay tuned to the site in the coming weeks for the chance to vote for the 2013 speakers.
Twaweza has partnered with Shujaaz since its inception in 2010.
You might also like...
- Twaweza partner Shujaaz wins an Emmy (2 Apr 2012)
- ShujaazFM on YouTube (15 Nov 2011)
- Shujaaz.FM nominated for Emmy Award (21 Feb 2012)
- Hivos Congratulates ShujaazFM (13 Jul 2011)
- ShujaazFM wins One World Media Award (20 May 2011)
- CNN International writes about Kenya's ShujaazFM (25 Apr 2011)
- ShujaazFM the largest print magazine in Kenya (18 Apr 2011)