ShujaazFM, Kenya’s interactive multimedia project and Twaweza partner is now available on YouTube. The ShujaazFM YouTube channel adds a cool new strand to its collection of social media platforms which previously included Facebook and Twitter.
ShujaazFM comics are reportedly the largest print publication in Kenya, with over 600,000 copies of its books distributed every month. Its pirate comic radio show is broadcasted on 20 local radios and has thousands of fans interacting through Facebook and Twitter. Fans also engage with the actors through SMS and now they can even watch their favorite ShujaazFM characters on YouTube.
Issues about generating income and getting out of trouble are discussed in short 5-7 minute segments on different radio stations daily. The youth get an opportunity to speak out, interact and find information that matters to them. The characters on the show inspire them to take action to improve their lives. Topics include income generating ideas and how to stay out of trouble.
You might also like...
- Shujaaz creator participates in TED Talent Search (7 Jul 2012)
- Twaweza partner Shujaaz wins an Emmy (2 Apr 2012)
- Shujaaz.FM nominated for Emmy Award (21 Feb 2012)
- ShujaazFM wins One World Media Award (20 May 2011)
- Hivos Congratulates ShujaazFM (13 Jul 2011)
- CNN International writes about Kenya's ShujaazFM (25 Apr 2011)
- ShujaazFM the largest print magazine in Kenya (18 Apr 2011)