Twaweza operates in East Africa and is housed by Hivos, a 40 plus year old development organization based in the Netherlands and registered to operate in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Hivos Twaweza has offices in Nairobi, Dar es Salaam, and Kampala.
The Head of Twaweza reports to the Governance Board, comprised of the directors of Hivos. Twaweza's Advisory Board, comprised of leading regional and international academics and practitioners, plays a key role in shaping Twaweza's strategy, programs and learning. Board members bring a wealth of experience and critical insight. They connect Twaweza to new developments across the world, ask sharp questions and help strengthen rigor and innovation.
To see the names of Twaweza's Board members and staff, view the organizational structure here.
- Twaweza structure | 895.29 KB
You might also like...
- Twaweza Audited Financial Statement 2011 (19 Feb 2013)
- Uwezo at Harvard (30 Apr 2012)
- Citizens can drive change (19 Apr 2012)
- The Five Networks (11 Apr 2012)
- Citizens making stuff happen (29 Mar 2012)
- Hivos-Tanzania Twaweza 2010 Audited Financial Statement (28 Mar 2012)
- Twaweza Annual Report 2010 (28 Mar 2012)