While 2014 was a year of deep thinking and reorganization for Twaweza, 2015 is when these changes took shape and form in practice. We learned what implementing our new strategy looks and feels like, we settled into a new organizational and leadership structure, expanded the team significantly and initiated two new areas of work. Building on this, 2016 will be our first full year of executing the new strategy. We have maintained strong continuity between the 2016 and the 2015 plans.
The problems and annual success statements provide a guiding framework and tie our work together across years. This plan reflects the reality that we are also more deliberately connected to policy processes, and it solidifies our partnerships with a select few media organizations to ease the administrative burden of our engagement work, and to communicate all our research findings more widely.
The expansion of our Sauti za Wananchi platform beyond Tanzania is one of the highlights of 2016. Sauti za Wananchi has become well known and respected in Tanzania, and we look forward to achieving the same success in Kenya and Uganda.
As part of our own commitment to transparency, we publish our annual operational plans and reports online. Plans and reports for previous years are available here.
Organizations: Twaweza East Africa
Type: Key document
- Annual Plan | 2.82 MB
You might also like...
- Twaweza and Uwezo Annual Plans 2015 (14 Mar 2015)
- Twaweza and Uwezo Annual Plans 2014 (29 Jan 2014)
- Making headlines in 2015 (4 Jul 2016)
- Twaweza 2011 Annual Plan (27 Mar 2012)
- Twaweza Immersion 2016: Looking for Public Agency (17 Jan 2017)
- JiElimishe | Learning outcomes and nutrition (22 Dec 2016)
- Are Our Children Learning? Uwezo Uganda Sixth Learning Assessment Report (15 Dec 2016)