Exposed to the ferment of information, ideas, stories of change and practical tools, citizens across East Africa are making things happen, holding governments to account and improving lives. Twaweza gets behind this movement to make it work even better, promoting information flows and public action, building on what works, trying out new ideas, and learning, documenting and sharing lessons.
The statement above captures Twaweza’s theory of change, or how we seek to make a difference. It has three interlinked components that also constitute our main goals; namely, to enable millions of people in East Africa to a) access practical information that can spur the imagination; b) be able to exercise greater agency i.e. be able to improve their situations and to hold governments to account, and c) use information and agency to access improved basic education, basic health, and clean water.
Read our updated strategy for 2011-2014, with information on our goals, program components, learning, monitoring and evaluation aspects, our governance structure and budget. The original Twaweza Strategy can be found here.
Organizations: Twaweza East Africa
Type: Key document
- Twaweza Strategy 2011-2014 | 1.51 MB
You might also like...
- Twaweza Annual Report 2010 (28 Mar 2012)
- Twaweza 2011 Annual Plan (27 Mar 2012)
- Twaweza Audited Financial Statement 2011 (19 Feb 2013)
- Twaweza Annual Report 2009 (28 Mar 2012)
- Twaweza and Uwezo Annual Plans 2013 Ready (30 Jan 2013)
- Twaweza 2012 Annual Plan (11 Jun 2012)
- Twaweza Annual Report 2011 (9 May 2012)