Uchaguzi (a customised and collaborative deployment of the crowd-sourcing platform, Ushahidi) has been developed and used to monitor events during the Kenyan referendum. The customisation was taken forward by SODNET (Social Development Network) and supported by Twaweza, Hivos and Uraia. Read the 4th August 2010 Uchaguzi’s voting monitoring report. Also you can have more on this from the CNN's iReport.
You might also like...
- Citizens are monitoring elections in Tanzania (22 Oct 2010)
- Monitoring Brief: Who’s watching, listening and reading in Uganda? (26 Nov 2014)
- Monitoring Brief: Monitoring Tazama and XYZ TV shows in Kenya (26 Nov 2014)
- Monitoring Brief: Are Ugandan parents involved in education matters? (26 Nov 2014)
- Has Uwezo influenced key actors in 2013? Evidence from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. (3 Sep 2014)
- Do public officials listen to the voices of citizens? (20 Jun 2014)
- Study: How parents recall the Uwezo assessment experience (11 Jun 2014)