Buses in Uganda have begun showing the Uwezo produced film Kyosiga’s Dream, to entertain and educate passengers as they travel, New Vision newspaper reports. Uwezo produced the film to show the daily struggles of an 11 year old student and the importance of parents being involved in their children’s education.
The film was launched at the Qualicel terminal in Uganda on June 23 and bus drivers are being encouraged to play the film as they travel. Read the article in New Vision here.
You might also like...
- Educating children critical for future of Uganda (15 Nov 2011)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Uwezo at Harvard (30 Apr 2012)
- Safe schools, productive students: New booklets from Raising Voices and Twaweza (8 May 2012)
- Uwezo spreads message one bus ride at a time (27 Feb 2012)
- Uwezo weighs in on education debates in Kenya and Uganda (24 Feb 2012)
- Still looking for answers to education woes in Uganda (14 Feb 2012)