In 2010 Uwezo East Africa Regional Manager Sara Ruto gave a presentation at the World Bank in Washington, DC on the Uwezo initiative. She spoke of the tests school-aged children in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda were given to assess their capabilities in numeracy and literacy. She also spoke of Uwezo's communication strategy and how the organization's work had led to greater public understanding and debate about learning.
Authors: Sara Ruto
You might also like...
- Are our Children Learning? Numeracy and Literacy Across East Africa 2011 (4 Jul 2011)
- Study: How parents recall the Uwezo assessment experience (11 Jun 2014)
- Uwezo Tanzania Audited Financial Statements 2010 to 2011 (4 Jan 2014)
- Uwezo and evidence-based education (4 Jun 2012)
- Uwezo Strategy Update: Improving Learning Outcomes in East Africa 2009-2013 (26 Mar 2012)
- Uwezo East Africa Report Released (14 Jul 2011)
- 'Let`s Strive for Quality in Primary Education, not Quantity' (13 Jul 2011)