When Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President for Development Economics of the World Bank, Mr Justin Yifu Lin visited Twaweza on May 2, 2011 he said he was encouraged by Twaweza’s focus on citizen agency and service delivery.
“I am impressed by the work you are doing to foster citizens’ involvement in the development process and I am happy that the World Bank is now also supporting it.” Mr Lin said.
The World Bank’s Country Director for Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi Mr. John McIntire joined Mr. Lin in his praise for Twaweza.
The meeting with Twaweza was part of the World Bank delegation’s official visit to Tanzania. Prior to arriving at the Twaweza office, the Chief Economist and his colleagues had held talks with President Jakaya Kikwete at the State House and addressed a press conference in Dar es Salaam.
You might also like...
- Citizens Mapping Services in Tandale (30 Aug 2011)
- World Bank Chief Economist praises Twaweza (5 May 2011)
- World Bank Chief Economist for Africa asks about Uwezo (15 Oct 2010)
- State of East Africa Report 2012 stirs debate on greater regional integration (25 Apr 2012)
- ICTs as a key driver for governance in sub-Saharan Africa? (16 Apr 2012)
- Coming soon: Kenya Budget Dashboard (10 Apr 2012)
- Twaweza partner Shujaaz wins an Emmy (2 Apr 2012)