Uwazi has recently released a new policy brief on Tanzania's Tax Exemptions. The findings have drawn mixed media reactions. Please see them by clicking on the following links.
- The Daily News reports that government on Thursday defended tax exemptions as justifiable and inevitable for the improvement of key infrastructure and stimulation of the country’s economic development.
- The Guardian voices Twaweza's call to have these exemptions revised.
- The Citizen ranks Tanzania at the top among its neighbors in granting exemptions
You might also like...
- Government moves to scrutinize tax exemptions (15 Apr 2011)
- Twaweza study cited in lead story (25 Feb 2011)
- Are Tanzania's tax exemptions too generous? (28 Oct 2010)
- Uwazi research analyst questions inflation numbers (25 Oct 2010)
- Should Tanzania take on commercial debt? (15 Oct 2010)
- Debt per Tanzanian is Sh 332,000: study (11 Oct 2010)