When Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President for Development Economics of the World Bank, Mr Justin Yifu Lin visited Twaweza on May 2, he said he was encouraged by Twaweza’s focus on citizen agency and service delivery.
“I am impressed by the work you are doing to foster citizens’ involvement in the development process and I am happy that the World Bank is now also supporting it.” Mr Lin said.
The World Bank’s Country Director for Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi Mr. John McIntire joined Mr. Lin in his praise for Twaweza.
The meeting with Twaweza was part of the World Bank delegation’s official visit to Tanzania. Prior to arriving at the Twaweza office, the Chief Economist and his colleagues had held talks with President Jakaya Kikwete at the State House and addressed a press conference in Dar es Salaam.
You might also like...
- World Bank Chief Economist praises Twaweza (5 May 2011)
- Citizens Mapping Services in Tandale (30 Aug 2011)
- Uwezo Kenya to launch 2011 National Assessment Report July 19 (20 Jun 2011)
- UK minister endorses ShujaazFM (27 May 2011)
- Twaweza study cited in lead story (25 Feb 2011)
- World Bank Chief Economist for Africa asks about Uwezo (15 Oct 2010)
- Where the exciting stuff is happening (25 Mar 2010)