The UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) website quotes the International Development Minister Alan Duncan as saying, “Shujaaz is an incredibly effective way of communicating information to young Kenyans and their families, including poor farmers often in remote areas. It has provided vital guidance on farming techniques that can directly improve people live.”
The website also shares a story of a young Kenyan man who now earns some income from a business idea he picked from reading ShujaazFM monthly comic book.
You might also like...
- UK Guardian recognizes Twaweza partner Huduma in Kenya (20 May 2011)
- Twaweza's work empowers people (27 May 2011)
- Pressure to double capitation grant in Kenya mounts (15 Nov 2011)
- Mobile Phones Transforming Development in Africa (24 Jun 2011)
- ShujaazFM wins One World Media Award (20 May 2011)
- CNN International writes about Kenya's ShujaazFM (25 Apr 2011)
- ShujaazFM the largest print magazine in Kenya (18 Apr 2011)