Women Educational Researchers of Kenya (WERK) has announced on its website that the report of 2011 Uwezo National Assessment will be launched on 19th July 2011 at the Kenya Institute of Education (KIE). At the same time regional launches will be taking place in various regions namely: Western, Rift Valley, Central, Eastern, North Eastern, Coast, and Eldoret. The aim of having the regional launches is to incorporate a wider pool of Educational stakeholders in the release of the findings therefore encouraging citizen action in promoting the quality of education.
Watch this space for more news of the launch.
You might also like...
- Uwezo at Harvard (30 Apr 2012)
- New Uwezo report rings alarm in East Africa (4 Jul 2011)
- Learning inequalities in Kenya favour children from wealthier families (7 Dec 2010)
- Does information lead to citizen action in education? (15 Feb 2013)
- Where are our children learning? (10 Dec 2012)
- Uwezo Annual Learning Assessment Report creates media buzz in East Africa (13 Oct 2011)
- World Bank Chief Economist for Africa asks about Uwezo (15 Oct 2010)