Network and electricity reliability determine how young people can access and utilize different media and new forms of communication, including mobile phones and the internet. Reliable infrastructure and electricity also facilitate youths’ ability to use these forms of communication to transform their lives and boost the economy. In this policy brief, Tamasha presents findings about the status of communication infrastructure and the supply of electricity in eight Tanzanian districts. Many young people in Tanzania have limited access to media and other forms of communication due to poor infrastructure and unreliable electricity. Read the research brief for detailed findings.
- Are young people in Tanzania connected? | 1.12 MB
You might also like...
- Is water and electricity serving the deserving? (1 Jul 2011)
- When is a school not a school? (1 Jul 2011)
- Do Young People in Tanzania Participate in Development? (1 Jul 2011)
- Discussing public services one SMS at a time (15 Jan 2013)
- Celebrate youth views (6 Jun 2012)
- State of East Africa Report 2012 stirs debate on greater regional integration (25 Apr 2012)
- Uwezo Annual Learning Assessment Report creates media buzz in East Africa (13 Oct 2011)