The business environment in Dar es Salaam is seriously affected by congestion. At the same time few resources are spent on infrastructure improvement and expansion in the city. This despite the importance of Dar es Salaam to the national economy.
Uwazi was approached by the Centre for Economic Prosperity (CEP) to help monitor Dar es Salaam traffic flows. As a result of the collaboration CEP has regularly monitored travel times, results of which were regularly reported in the media.
You might also like...
- Road blocks in Tanzania (2 Aug 2010)
- What does Dar make of governance? (19 Dec 2012)
- Dar es Salaam Primary Schools | Do parents act to improve child learning? (12 Dec 2012)
- Twaweza Health in Dar report in the news (20 Sep 2012)
- Mixed results in healthcare in Dar es Salaam (18 Sep 2012)
- Dar parents know little about their children's education (28 Aug 2012)
- Dissatisfaction grows over access to water in Dar (8 Aug 2012)