For water bought at public kiosks, the regulator (EWURA) set a price at which water can be bought. For instance for Dar es Salaam, this price is 20 Shs per 20 liter bucket; for Mwanza it is Shs 15 per bucket. As part of the water price monitoring initiative, the price of water is monitored in three locations: Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Nairobi.
You might also like...
- Do water kiosks comply with official tariffs? (29 Sep 2010)
- What do citizens do to improve service delivery? (16 Apr 2013)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Discussing public services one SMS at a time (15 Jan 2013)
- Dissatisfaction grows over access to water in Dar (8 Aug 2012)
- Food consumption up, access to clean water down in Dar es Salaam (24 May 2012)
- The Community Together: Observations from Immersion 2012 (11 May 2012)