In 2010 Uwezo East Africa Regional Manager Sara Ruto gave a presentation at the World Bank in Washington, DC on the Uwezo initiative. She spoke of the tests school-aged children in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda were given to assess their capabilities in numeracy and literacy. She also spoke of Uwezo's communication strategy and how the organization's work had led to greater public understanding and debate about learning.
Authors: Sara Ruto
You might also like...
- Are our Children Learning? Numeracy and Literacy Across East Africa 2011 (4 Jul 2011)
- Uwezo and evidence-based education (4 Jun 2012)
- Uwezo Strategy Update: Improving Learning Outcomes in East Africa 2009-2013 (26 Mar 2012)
- Uwezo East Africa Report Released (14 Jul 2011)
- 'Let`s Strive for Quality in Primary Education, not Quantity' (13 Jul 2011)
- Kiswahili and English in Tanzanian Schools: Creating Class Divides and Decreasing Educational Standards (13 Jul 2011)
- New Uwezo report rings alarm in East Africa (4 Jul 2011)