'Twaweza is about enabling people on the ground to have information,' so says Twaweza Head Rakesh Rajani. At Twaweza we are most interested in sharing two types of information. The first is comparative, providing information on allocated resources, so communities and districts know how they stand up to their neighbours. Secondly, we aim to share stories of change so that citizens can learn how others like them have brought change to their communities. In this way, we hope to spark the imagination of people across East Africa.
View the full video here.
You might also like...
- This is life in Dar es Salaam (25 Apr 2012)
- ICTs as a key driver for governance in sub-Saharan Africa? (16 Apr 2012)
- Education in Tanzania: A mirage of progress (12 Apr 2012)
- The Five Networks (11 Apr 2012)
- At Twaweza We See the World in Two Parts (11 Apr 2012)
- Twaweza's theory of change discussed in international media (14 Apr 2011)
- Access to information in Tanzania undermined (31 May 2010)