Ugandan NGO Raising Voices and Twaweza have collaborated on publishing four booklets on issues in East African education: corporal punishment, positive discipline, what makes a good teacher, and how to create a positive learning environment. The booklets will be distributed in Tanzania and Uganda.
Our objective with publishing these booklets is twofold: to create an understanding that day-to-day actions of students, parents and teachers contribute to making a positive education system and to improve the quality of teaching and learning in schools. Each booklet explores an issue and provides simple solutions. Readers are encouraged to discuss the issue with others. The goal is for schools to be full of have happy, productive students who are eager to learn.
Twaweza provided support to print the booklets, translated them into Kiswahili and customized them to the Tanzania context. Posters and a teacher’s guide are in the works.
Get a first look at the soon to be released booklets in English and Kiswahili below.
Type: Popular booklet
- Corporal punishment in school | 1.74 MB
- Corporal punishment in school | 923.25 KB
- What makes a good teacher | 1.8 MB
- What makes a good teacher | 797.31 KB
- Creating a positive learning environment | 1.46 MB
- Creating a positive learning environment | 1006.43 KB
- Positive Discipline | 1.53 MB
- Positive Discipline | 1.19 MB
You might also like...
- Celebrate youth views (6 Jun 2012)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Bibi steps in 2013 Calendar Tanzania (13 Feb 2013)
- The Community Together: Observations from Immersion 2012 (11 May 2012)
- Dar es Salaam Primary Schools | Do parents act to improve child learning? (12 Dec 2012)
- Twaweza calendar 2012 (19 Jan 2012)
- What do citizens do to improve service delivery? (16 Apr 2013)