Take a walk through Mburahati, a neighbourhood of Dar es Salaam, with resident Naziru Ndimu. He and his friends share stories of daily life in one part of urban Tanzania- the struggle to access quality health care, how money needs to pass hands to make things move (and where can one find that cash?), the meddling of outside players with their interventions that never come to pass. Life is a struggle in Mburahati.
Twaweza commissioned Maweni Farm to produce this short film to inform our work: How do things happen? How do people negotiate life? What works? What doesn't? How do dreams and aspirations get crafted? The film also serves as part of our 'baseline'.
Watch the full video here.
You might also like...
- Bibi steps in 2013 Calendar Tanzania (13 Feb 2013)
- Twaweza calendar 2012 (19 Jan 2012)
- What do citizens do to improve service delivery? (16 Apr 2013)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- KiuFunza - thirst to learn - launched (2 Feb 2013)
- Discussing public services one SMS at a time (15 Jan 2013)
- What does Dar make of governance? (19 Dec 2012)