In the past, Twaweza has challenged the National Audit Office of Tanzania (NAOT) to make the work they do more accessible to the public. In 2011, the NAOT came to Twaweza to discuss ideas on how to make its website more user-friendly. Twaweza provided a web designer who worked with the NAOT information officer and IT staff to create a site that was interactive and easy to update, while meeting the NAOT’s goal of openness. Their revamped website has just been launched and can be viewed here.
All Controller and Auditor General speeches, reports and performance audits can be viewed on the site, with a function that allows people to share them via social media. Visitors are now able to post comments as well as send requests for information and suggest future audits for the NAOT to undertake.
You might also like...
- Your chance to run the Open Government Partnership (30 Jan 2013)
- Learning how we can help children learn (16 Jan 2013)
- Government seeks citizen views on quality of services (11 Dec 2012)
- Ibrahim, Machel and Robinson to lead the OGP Indeprendent Reporting Mechanism (4 Dec 2012)
- Open data and the future of news (18 Oct 2012)
- Open Africa Meeting Seeks to Democratize Data (8 Oct 2012)
- Making All Voices Count | Seeking Fund Manager (8 Oct 2012)