Get a behind-the-scenes look at Twaweza Uganda’s partner TRAC FM at work in this video.
The idea behind TRAC FM is simple: Radio hosts give their listeners a question regarding public service delivery. Citizens send their response via free SMS. The answers are instantly processed and visualized to be shared on air. The results are used in subsequent radio interviews with authorities and in print and online media.
TRAC FM was launched in May 2011 and is working to promote accountability in the country. For example, one TRAC FM participant says that the program ‘makes us be part of the running of our society and administration… I am part of the decision-making because my ideas are also considered.’
You might also like...
- TRAC FM nominated for Data Journalism Award (24 May 2012)
- Anti-corruption campaign in Uganda (14 Nov 2012)
- Safe schools, productive students: New booklets from Raising Voices and Twaweza (8 May 2012)
- Citizens give views on the learning crisis in Tanzania (14 May 2013)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Singing for a change (30 Jan 2013)
- Open Budget Survey 2012 (24 Jan 2013)