Twaweza partner TRAC FM has been nominated for a Data Journalism Award (DJA), the only international prize of its kind. TRAC FM has been nominated in the ‘Data-driven Applications, National/International’ category and is among an impressive field of competitors from Europe, Canada, Australia and Kenya. The category rewards a media leader in sharing datasets of importance to the public in an easily accessible way.
The Data Journalism Award website states that, ‘By recognising outstanding work and editorial excellence in the field of data journalism, the DJA competition seeks to:
- Contribute to setting high standards and highlighting the best practices in data journalism
- Inspire journalists by showcasing outstanding work
- Demonstrate the value of data journalism among editors and media executives
- Enhance collaboration between journalists, developers, designers and issue experts’
The award winners in the six categories will be announced on 31 May 2012 in Paris during the News World Summit. Each winner will receive EUR 7,500. TRAC FM is one of only two African outlets to be nominated.
You might also like...
- TRAC FM promotes accountability in Uganda (17 May 2012)
- Citizens give views on the learning crisis in Tanzania (14 May 2013)
- Media Monitoring | Request for Proposals (22 Apr 2013)
- Seeking imaginative, inspired and motivated colleagues in Nairobi (5 Apr 2013)
- Buni Media shows us some African Magic (14 Mar 2013)
- Open Oil wiki launched in Uganda (18 Dec 2012)
- Anti-corruption campaign in Uganda (14 Nov 2012)