Twaweza Tanzania partner d.light says ‘kerosene is the light source of the past and solar the light of the future.’ This progress report focuses on d.light’s Sunny Money Schools Campaign, the target of which is to reach 15 percent of all students in a geographical area with a solar lantern. With Twaweza’s support, d.light was able to sell 44,462 solar lanterns by the end of 2011 to students across Tanzania, enabling them to do homework with a safe, cost effective means of light, with considerable benefits for personal health and the environment.
The progress report below provides more detail on d.light's work in Tanzania in 2011. Read more about the unique partnership between d.light and Twaweza here.
- d.light Progress Report | 319.6 KB
You might also like...
- Celebrate youth views (6 Jun 2012)
- Clarification Regarding Form IV Results (31 May 2013)
- Schooling is not learning (16 May 2013)
- Citizens give views on the learning crisis in Tanzania (14 May 2013)
- What do citizens do to improve service delivery? (16 Apr 2013)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Monitoring of Solar Aid/TPS partnership | Request for Proposals (19 Feb 2013)