Politicians, economists, academics and business people had much to say after the release of Tanzania’s 2012/2013 budget on June 14. Rose Aiko, Senior Analyst with Uwazi at Twaweza, told The Citizen newspaper that this year’s budget is smaller than last year’s, when inflation is taken into account, and predicts a tough year ahead for the country. Read the full article here. Aiko expanded on her thoughts on the 2012/13 budget in the op-ed 'Mgimwa's 'wish list' that is difficult to work out' which can be read here.
Each year Uwazi crunches the budget numbers and puts the information into the Tanzania Budget Dashboard. The Dashboard uses visualisations to clearly show how taxpayers' money is allocated. View the Tanzania Dashboard here.
You might also like...
- Media Monitoring | Request for Proposals (22 Apr 2013)
- Is Uwezo succeeding in engaging the public? (28 Feb 2013)
- Monitoring of Solar Aid/TPS partnership | Request for Proposals (19 Feb 2013)
- Open Budget Survey 2012 (24 Jan 2013)
- Twaweza Governance in Dar report in the news (8 Jan 2013)
- Mixed results in healthcare in Dar es Salaam (18 Sep 2012)
- Seeking Monitoring Consultant, Uwezo East Africa (29 Aug 2012)