Uwazi publications from before 2013.
- Capitation grant for education: when will it make a difference? | 1.76 MB
- Elimu ya Msingi | 931.32 KB
Growing concerns over the quality of service they offer prompted the Controller and Auditor General to undertake a performance audit of a sample of the facilities during 2008.The findings released recently suggest there are significant shortfalls
The key finding from the audit, as revealed in a policy brief prepared by Uwazi, is that the system established for inspection of Secondary Schools in Tanzania is functioning poorly and fails to safeguard quality of instruction and its improvement.
- Performance audit of school inspections | 449.75 KB
- Ukaguzi wa shule unaposhindwa kuwa na mafanikio | 339.99 KB
In this note six key facts are presented regarding the relationship between the participation of MPs in Parliament and their performance in the CCM polls.
The audit concludes that road works are not well managed and that economy, efficiency and effectiveness of road construction can not be assured. Of the ten road projects audited the Auditor General finds not one that was completed on time; the final cost was 57% higher than what was originally budgeted.
- Performance audit of road works | 475.26 KB
- Performance audit | 1.48 MB
- Je, shilingi trilioni 1.5 zitasimamiwa vizuri? | 414.91 KB
It is found that in session 19 MPs were less active than during the previous 18 sessions. The note identifies 94 MPs who did not make any intervention during session 19 and presents a ranking of MPs by how active they were.
- Do they work for us? Update on the 19th session of the Bunge | 923.55 KB
- Data for 19th Bunge session | 150 KB
- Je, wanafanya kazi kwa ajili yetu? | 726.91 KB
- Document download | 1.21 MB