This section contains all publications produced by Twaweza. It also includes some produced by our partners. To access the publication click on the download link below each title. To access a summary click on 'read more'. Many of these are pdfs of hard copy materials or powerpoint presentations so check file size before you download.
The key finding from the audit, as revealed in a policy brief prepared by Uwazi, is that the system established for inspection of Secondary Schools in Tanzania is functioning poorly and fails to safeguard quality of instruction and its improvement.
- Performance audit of school inspections | 449.75 KB
- Ukaguzi wa shule unaposhindwa kuwa na mafanikio | 339.99 KB
In this note six key facts are presented regarding the relationship between the participation of MPs in Parliament and their performance in the CCM polls.
The audit concludes that road works are not well managed and that economy, efficiency and effectiveness of road construction can not be assured. Of the ten road projects audited the Auditor General finds not one that was completed on time; the final cost was 57% higher than what was originally budgeted.
- Performance audit of road works | 475.26 KB
- Performance audit | 1.48 MB
- Je, shilingi trilioni 1.5 zitasimamiwa vizuri? | 414.91 KB
It is found that in session 19 MPs were less active than during the previous 18 sessions. The note identifies 94 MPs who did not make any intervention during session 19 and presents a ranking of MPs by how active they were.
- Do they work for us? Update on the 19th session of the Bunge | 923.55 KB
- Data for 19th Bunge session | 150 KB
- Je, wanafanya kazi kwa ajili yetu? | 726.91 KB
- Document download | 1.21 MB
- Malnutrition. Can Tanzania afford to ignore 43,000 dead children | 1.15 MB
- Utapiamlo. Je, Tanzania inaweza kupuuzia vifo vya watoto 43,000 | 1.53 MB
- Malnutrition ppt presentation | 726.67 KB
- Document download English | 794.4 KB
- Document download Swahili | 729.04 KB
- Download MP dataset (Jan 2010) | 78.5 KB