Twaweza is an active participant in the Open Government Partnership. The Tanzanian Government is currently finalizing its third National Action Plan and is seeking feedback from stakeholders. As part of its engagement with the OGP, Twaweza supported the Government to hold a feedback meeting with stakeholders from civil society to get their comments on the plan.
The event was covered by some media outlets. Unfortunately the OGP is not widely understood or well known among Tanzanian media or citizens generally which might have resulted in slightly lower levels of coverage. However the request for feedback and civil society organizations’ advice to government on the plan was covered by East Africa TV, Star TV, Majira, Habari Leo, The Citizen and Tanzania Daima.
About the author
You might also like...
- Union Affairs | In the news (15 Jul 2016)
- Open Government Partnership takes off in East Africa (25 Oct 2011)
- East Africa media writes about Open Government Partnership (13 Oct 2011)
- View from Tanzania | Journalists at the OGP Summit (25 Jan 2017)
- Twaweza in the news | Democracy, dictatorship and demonstrations (6 Oct 2016)
- Signs of recovery? | In the news (15 Aug 2016)
- Tell your government what you want them to do for you! (6 Sep 2016)