In March 2012 the Twaweza East Africa team, in conjuction with Daraja, did a week long immersion in Njombe, in the southern highlands of Tanzania. During our immersion, we saw communities working together to bring change to their lives. In the absence of specific services and facilities, the community works together with leadership from inspiring individuals to fill the gaps.
While it is impossible to neatly sum up or come to any definite conclusions about what we experienced, we have put together some observations from participants. View our Informal presentation, The Community Together, to read of our observations on access to information, power, change, education, health and water.
The lessons we learnt are already informing our work and will continue to do so throughout the year.
- Immersion 2012 | 950.14 KB
You might also like...
- Celebrate youth views (6 Jun 2012)
- Safe schools, productive students: New booklets from Raising Voices and Twaweza (8 May 2012)
- Development is miserable, but people are making things happen (29 Mar 2012)
- What do citizens do to improve service delivery? (16 Apr 2013)
- Ni Sisi inspires music videos (28 Mar 2013)
- Discussing public services one SMS at a time (15 Jan 2013)
- Dar es Salaam Primary Schools | Do parents act to improve child learning? (12 Dec 2012)