Call for Consultancy Proposals
Twaweza East Africa has entered a partnership agreement with the Chanzo Initiative to support them to produce analysis, insights and articles on current affairs in Tanzania as a new independent online media.
The Chanzo Initiative exists at the interface between advocacy and journalism. It is founded to uplift the voices of underreported, vulnerable, and marginalized communities in Tanzania with the goal to make Tanzania the best place to live for everyone regardless of class, creed, sexual orientation and nationality.
It is against this background that Twaweza East Africa in partnership with The Chanzo Initiative is seeking expressions of interest from qualified consultants to develop a five-year business plan for The Chanzo Initiative.
To develop a five-year Business Plan to enable the Chanzo Initiative to be sustainable.
In collaboration with the Chanzo Initiative and Twaweza, the consultant will be responsible to:
- Conduct consultations with the Chanzo and other relevant stakeholders including conducting an analysis of the business context to inform the business planning process;
- Conduct market analysis and risk assessment and study the critical sustainability factors for similar entities including operational gaps, funding opportunities, competitiveness and viability;
- Facilitate a two-day preliminary business planning exercise
- Facilitate a one-day validation meeting with the Chanzo and identified stakeholders to discuss and review the draft Business Plan before it is finalized
- Lead the Chanzo in developing the business plan for both the short-term and long-term;
- Provide feedback on the Chanzo’s branding and communication strategy; and
- Develop a 5-year sustainable Business Plan for the Chanzo;
At the minimum, the application materials should enable the reviewers to establish the consultant/s relevant qualifications including but not limited to:
- Experience in developing Business Plans for similar entities (Include samples and contact references with your application).
- Excellent communication skills including workshop facilitation in English and Kiswahili Language
- Knowledge and/or experience in the media sector particularly online/digital media context
- Forward-looking, innovative and passionate about online/digital media
- Wider knowledge of various societal topics particularly current affairs at the national, regional and internal levels and the role of online/digital media
How to apply?
Prospective applicants should submit a one-page cover letter, a two-page expression of interest covering both technical and summary financial (consultant/s fees only for the duration stated) proposals, and a two-page CV highlighting relevant experience only to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com by 18 November 2022.
For more details, read the full Term of Reference here.