We are hiring a Content Production Manager
Want to work with Twaweza – where innovative ideas and action meet for citizen-centered change?
Twaweza an East African research and advocacy organisation focused on results, learning and imagination is looking to recruit a passionate, skilled individual interested in a dynamic work environment.
The position: Manager, Content Production
We are looking for a full time Manager, Content Production with over 5 years’ experience in creating high quality content and materials. The Manager will be responsible for strategic guidance on the effective and imaginative communication of Twaweza in East Africa consistent with its cutting-edge thinking in the field, alongside Twaweza’s strategy and theory of change.
Key job specifications:
- At least five years’ experience in communications, including developing and managing large communications programs across different contexts
- A Master’s level university degree in a relevant field (can be substituted with experience of an additional five years);
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Solid understanding of citizen engagement, governance and service delivery
- Very good management skills, ability to coach, enthuse and manage self and team to liaise closely across the organization and produce high quality work on time
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; a keen eye for detail
- High computer proficiency including web-based applications; ability to make data and reports visual and accessible preferred
- Flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in East African context
- Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time
Please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to email@example.com, including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email write your name and the position you are applying for
Deadline for the submission is 4 January 2021. Read the Job Description.