We are hiring!
Twaweza Uganda is seeking a Communications Consultant based in Uganda (Kampala) to provide support to the Advocacy and Engagement unit in implementing all its activities.
We believe in an open society, built on the human impulse to make a difference; where information and ideas flow, citizens engage and authorities are accountable to the people.
- To demonstrate how citizens can come together to collectively address their systemic development problems, and make government work better for them
- To enable citizens’ voices, interests and experiences to be heard and taken seriously in decision-making across multiple governance levels
- To promote and protect open civic space which enables citizens to freely assemble, organise, speak and act
- Research and implementation, in close coordination with the implementing partner and Manager, Advocacy to document the Access to Information success stories and liaise with a consultant or partner to document the stories in different formats.
- Leverage Twaweza’s existing partnerships and planned events to develop and implement a strategy to disseminate the how and why of public servants providing citizens with information.
- Support the media and communications around key events of Twaweza mission areas
- Coordinate and track activities of like-minded Civil society organisations and government entities to find areas and opportunities for collaboration.
- Liaise with the Participation team on documenting and verifying the change agent stories in Kole, Kamuli and Namutumba for broadcast on UBC TV.
- Research and identify other stories of change that are being implemented by other Civil Society organisations across the country.
- Complete Outcome Journals and notes for all government engagements
- Document all commitments made by government officials in response to Twaweza data and insights and propose follow-up initiatives.
- Track discourse in parliament and media, and where ever possible in-constituency, from selected MPs as per a list provided by Twaweza.
- Support in managing partnerships including documentation, monitoring and collaboration between partners.
- Support in the management of the strategic partnership with Uganda Radio Network.
- A university degree in journalism, communications, public relations, business administration or a related field.
- At least 2- 3 years of relevant experience in development advocacy.
- Ability to network and cultivate excellent working relationships with key actors.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Passion for evidence-based, strategic social change in East Africa.
- Keen understanding of social media and uses of new technologies for communication in the East African context.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications and CVs to: Jobs@twaweza.org cc: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on February 24, 2023.
For more information, read the full Terms of Reference here.