We are hiring!
Twaweza is looking to recruit a dynamic, proactive, curious, confident individual to assist the Executive Director in fulfilling his OGP duties. The successful OGP Associate shall be based in Dar es Salaam.
The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is a partnership between government leaders and Civil Society organizations. Since its founding in 2011, OGP has grown to 78 countries and 76 local jurisdictions that work alongside thousands of civil society organizations. Every two years, each member submits an action plan co-created with civil society that outlines concrete commitments to enhance transparency, accountability and public participation in government. Under the leadership of President Kikwete, Tanzania joined the OGP in September 2011. The country withdrew from the Partnership in August 2017.
Twaweza is a founding civil society member of the OGP and remains active in promoting its vision and mission of opening up government to better serve its citizens. Twaweza’s Executive Director, Aidan Eyakuze, has been elected to serve as Lead Co-Chair of the OGP with the Government of Italy in 2022. The year marks the start of the second decade of the Partnership in which the co-Chairs will propose some strategic refinements while also strengthening a number of important initiatives to deepen citizen participation and improve their lives in tangible ways.
Key job specifications for the OGP Associate:
- Staying abreast of key developments with regard to open government and providing briefings, flagging articles or topics of interest and import and linking the work in the field and academia with the work of the partnership
- Monitoring social media and blogs for key issues and potential flags for action
- Doing background research on key topics related to open government, and preparing backgrounders and position papers as requested
- Participating in meetings related to OGP, taking notes and relaying key points to relevant colleagues as appropriate
- Assisting the Civil Society Co-Chair to play their roles effectively, including for regular Civil Society and Governance and Leadership meetings over the phone, and three in-person meetings
- Supporting the preparation of Heads of State level OGP sessions, as planned and communicate
- Supporting the Civil Society Co-Chair in preparing presentations and other communication, including op-eds, blogs and email communication
- Facilitating information sharing and coordination across the Civil Society Steering Committee Members
Please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email indicate the position you are applying for.
Twaweza is an equal opportunity organization, therefore, any candidate with relevant competencies is highly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submission is 17 December 2021.
For more information, read the full job description here.