Terms of Reference | Usawa Agenda website development
Twaweza is looking for a partner to help design and develop a new website for Usawa Agenda based in Kenya.
Usawa Agenda is a not-for-profit company duly registered and working in Kenya. The name ‘Usawa’ is Swahili for ‘equity’ and it underlies our strong belief that equity is the socio-political and economic exigency of our time in the education sector, but also in society generally. This belief is rooted in the work of our precursor (Uwezo program) that was implemented by Twaweza East Africa in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania for the last 10 years. Usawa has been fully registered and a board of directors to preside over its governance established. It has also commenced reconstituting its secretariat to strengthen its capacity to deliver on its mission, which is to champion equitable access to quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all children in Kenya.
We are looking for a partner to design and build a new website. Detailed terms of reference are attached.
- Package Customization and Wireframing: This will be the first chance to visualize the website. While they are not as detailed as the final site will be, this will give a visual representation of the site’s overall layout.
- Theme Selection: Identify a suitable WP theme as per the precise needs of the organization.
- Theme Customization: Access the control panel of where the domain of the organization is hosted and perform the following:
- Install WordPress on the site from the control panel
- Install the theme selected in stage
- Customize the theme to suit the organization’s needs. This will include slight changing of parent code, design layouts and installation of required plugins
- Testing the website on different platforms
- Search Engine Optimization: Using SEO management tools such as Yoast SEO and Google Adwords.
- Deployment and Optimization: Once sure that the site is ready to be made public, I will make it go live and be accessible to the general public.
- Maintenance Services: After deployment, support services will be required for a certain period. During that period, the following should be performed:
- Monthly backup of the sites contents
- Updating scripts and plugins ○ Perform layout and content updates as requested.
- Monitoring search engine keywords and periodic updates.
- Staff training on handling admin backends
Any interested developer should send 3 samples of past website work, a quotation highlighting their capacity to undertake the assignment, the time they would take to deliver the complete website and costing of their service to email@example.com by close of business on April 21, 2020.